Offering Schedule - July
- 4thLocal Church Budget
- 11thNAD Women's Ministries
- 18thLocal Church Budget
- 25thKEEP Endowmnent / Camp MiVoden Development
The following links will take you directly to a given section
Updated Online Meeting Information
Join us for Sabbath School, Church and Prayer Meeting using ZOOM
Joining via Phone:
- Call 1-346-248-7799 Meeting ID: 355 969 1466
Have an internet enabled device, use this link:
- Online Church Services Meeting ID: 355 969 1466
Prayer Meeting starts Wednesday evening @ 6:30 pm
Sabbath School Bible Study starts Saturday morning @ 9:30 am
Divine Worship Service starts Saturday morning @ 11 am
Hello Church Family,
Unfortunately, due to the SARS-CoV-2 virus, the Chewelah Seventh-day Adventist Church is closed until further notice.
Instead of pressing together physically, we will press together virtually using the GoToMeeting online tool; see the connection information below.
If you would like to join us and need help, please contact one of the following individuals: Webmaster Steve Graham, Head Elder Dave Reid, or Pastor Howard Tello to get connected. It's free for you, and easy to use, so don't hesitate, join us!
During this uncertain time of history, more than ever, it is important for us to focus on our relationship with the Lord and make sure our hearts and minds are focused on Him; letting fear and panic rule your life is not healthy, but neither is disregarding the prudent advice of many counselors.
Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment, until the indignation is past. Isaiah 26:20
The Lord is my light and my Salvation; whom (or what?) shall I fear? Pslam 27:1
Rejoice in the Lord always! Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all [mankind]. The Lord is at hand.Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supllication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4: 6,7
Indeed, we do come to You, for You are the Lord our God. Truly, in vain is salvation hoped for from the hills, and from the multitude of mountains; Truly, in the Lord our God is the salvation of Israel. Jeremiah 3: 22,23 (part)
While we are sheltering at home and keeping our physical distance during the COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) pandemic, here are a few resources to help keep you spiritually full of life and peace.
Online Resources for Kids
- Young Diciple Ministries
- Voice of Prophecy – Discovery Mountain
- Kids Club For Jesus
- It Is Written - My Place with Jesus
- Children’s Mission Quarterly
- North American Division Children's Ministries Resources
- Primary Treasure/Our Little Friend
Upper Columbia Conference - Coronavirus Reponse
- Look specifically for:
- What are some alternatives for children for worshipping at home?
- What do I do with my kids in the house all day?
- Look specifically for:
Online Streaming Resources for Everyone
Tithe and Offering
There are a couple ways you can continue returning tithes and offerings while we are sheltering at home.
Mail your check to:
PO Box 809
Chewelah, WA 99109
Note: Be sure to include a note regarding the fund(s) included if you do not have a tithe envelope.
- PO Box 809 Chewelah, WA 99109
- Use the Chewelah Seventh-day Adventist church online giving platform (this is a popular option).
SARS-CoV-2 Survivability on various surfaces:
- Here's the source material
- ~4 hours - in the air (Aerosol/Spray)
- ~4 hours - on Copper
- ~24 hours - on Cardboard
- ~72 hours - on Steel
- ~72 hours - on Plastic
- ~96 hours - on Glass
Simple precautions to help prevent contracting COVID-19:
- Watch the It Is Written Coronavirus Update
- ✓Avoid contact with sick people.
- ✓Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
✓Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- It is especially important to clean hands after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- ✓Avoid traveling if you are sick.
✓Stay home, monitor your health, and practice social distancing for 14 days after you return from travel.
- Remember, social distancing means staying out of crowded places, avoiding group gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet) from others when possible.
Incubation and symptoms of the SARS-CoV-2 virus (from Johns Hopkins University)
Coronavirus Global Caselog Tracking
- The above link shows statistics for the number of confirmed cases, deaths, recoveries as well as an interactive streetlevel map
- Coronavirus Microbiology and Clinical Data
- It takes an average of 6.4 days to incubate, but times range from 2-12 days. The current recomendation is 14 days of observation going upto 24 days to verify asymptomatic exposure.
Symptoms exibited by patients
- Fever (83-98%)
- Cough (46-82%, usually dry)
- Shortness of breath at onset (31%)
- Myalgia or fatigue (11-44%)
- Less Common Symptoms
- Pharyngitis (commonly known as "Sore throat" or difficulty swallowing)
- Productive cough (a cough that produces mucus or phlegm)
- Gastrointestinal upset (stomach pain, heartburn, diarrhea, constipation, nausea, and vomiting)
- Hemoptysis (coughing up of blood or blood-stained mucus)
Let's show our thanks and appreciation to the medical staff by calling, sending an email, writing or sending thank you cards. It's a simple gesture that might just lift someone's spirits, reduce their stress and help save a life!
We'll pray for you. Please pray for us!
The Chewelah Seventh-day Adventist Church